Top 20 Herbals and Natural Remedies that you Should Carry When you are Traveling outside the US
1. Lemon Essential Oil: Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from lemons and a great source of antioxidants. Lemon essential oil could be very refreshing in water, beneficial for skin and mental fatigue.
2. Arnica Gel or Cream: Arnica gel is created from Arnica plant and flowers. Arnica gel is anti-inflammatory and improves circulation. The gel shouldn’t be taken or applied into broken skin. The cream relieves bruises, muscle pains and strains.
4. Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender essential oil has sedative properties that help to improve anxiety, insomnia, burns, headaches and wounds. Lavender essential oil has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties.
5. Aloe Vera gel: Aloe Vera is a very well known herbal remedy that was first used in China for its healing properties. Aloe vera is anti-inflammatory and helps to prevent cancer, sunburns and mild kitchen burns. Aloe vera can be used as a moisturizer for hair and skin care.
6. Calendula/Comfrey Salve: Calendula has great anti-bacteria and anti-inflammatory properties and helps to heal cuts and wounds. This well known “comfort” herbal can also be used for scrapes, tired feet, and diaper rash and as a moisturizer.
7. Ginger Capsules/ Ginger Powder: Ginger capsules are high source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and have great anti-inflammatory and anti-nausea and gas-relieving properties. Ginger capsules are great for improving motion sickness, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), arthritis, high cholesterol, cardiovascular health and digestion.
10. Elderberry Capsules/ Liquid Extract: Elderberry or liquid extract was first used by Native Americans to treat infections. Elderberry capsules prevent and shorten the duration of colds and flues. Elderberry can heal infections like skin rashes, sinus infection and acne and is a great remedy for constipation.
11. Peppermint Essential Oil/ Tea Bags: Peppermint essential oil can be used to improve common cold, itching, insect bites, and congestion. Peppermint essential oil can kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
12. Goldenseal Capsules/ Powder: Goldenseal capsules are herbal remedies that have antibacterial, antibiotic and therapeutic properties. Goldenseal capsules could also improve rashes, skin problems or can be used on wounds to stop bleeding.
13. Eucalyptus Essential Oil: Eucalyptus essential oil has great antibiotic properties and can improve arthritis, colds, flues, fever, headaches, sinus infections, poor circulations and coughing.
14. Echinacea Liquid Extract: Echinacea liquid extract can improve the immune system, infections and be used externally to heal cuts, wounds and burns.
15. Herbal insect repellent: Herbal insect repellent is the best natural bug repellent that can protect your skin against insects or mosquito’s bite.
16. Grindelia Poison Ivy Treatment: Grindelia helps to relieve the pain and skin rashes caused by poisonous plants like oak or ivy.
17. Witch Hazel Extract: Witch hazel extract has great anti-inflammatory properties and is very useful for skin irritations and insect bites.
18. Boswellia: Boswellia is a great herbal remedy that is anti-inflammatory and is used for treating arthritis.
20. Thyme Essential Oil: Thyme essential oil is great for treating colds, flues, insect bites, muscle pains, poor circulation and dermatitis.