Deformities in livestock that are fed with GMOs and why the public is being kept in dark about the real dangers of Roundup?
Most of our meat and dairy is produced from livestock that are fed with different GMO crops. More and more studies and reports show that animals that are fed with GM crops suffer from many health problems, birth defects and deformities.
According to theecologist.org, Pedersen who is a Danish pig farmer reports that his livestock that were fed on GMO soya (sprayed with Roundup) suffered from severe health problems like diarrhea, stomach ulcers, bloating, deformities and abnormal growth.
Pedersen supplies the Europe’s largest pork company called Danish Crown and produces about 13,000 pigs a year. So after his livestock became so sick, Pedersen decided to switch the diet of his livestock to non-GMO.
"When using GM feed I saw symptoms of bloat, stomach ulcers, high rates of diarrhea, pigs born with the deformities ... but when I switched [to non GM feed] these problems went away, some within a matter of days" says Pedersen. He also says how switching to a non-GMO diet has made him more profitable since he uses less medicine and has more productivity because fewer pigs die or are deformed.
The photos of animals who are fed with GMOs in Pedersen‘s farm portrays piglets with spinal deformities or pigs with visible problems on their faces, limbs and tails. Even you could see a picture of a siamese twin (two animals joined at the head). Pedersen believes that presence of Glyphosate in the herbicide (routinely sprayed on GM crops) is responsible for all these abnormalities and other birth defects on livestock.
Glyphosate is the active ingredient in Monsanto’s best selling herbicide known as Roundup. Previous medical research and scientists including Dr Huber had warned that there is a mystery organism in Roundup linked to infertility and birth defects.
Monsanto’s sales of Glyphosate skyrocketed after the introduction of GM crops that were resistant to Roundup. Now Roundup makes up for more than 60% of the company’s income. Thanks to giant biotech Monsanto, glyphosate is now everywhere, even in the air that we breaths, the food that we eat and the water that we drink.
In fact, Studies show that both levels of glyphosate and formaldehyde in GM corn are toxic and the US water levels have 7,000 more glyphosate than the amount allowed for animal organ damage. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/toxicity-GMO-corn.php
Not long ago, a Danish study found alarming levels of Glyphosate in the urine and blood of cows. The researchers also discovered that glyphosate has a significant impact on blood parameters of cows and could lead to liver, kidney and muscle toxicity as well as deficiencies in manganese and cobalt. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/chemicals-antibiotics-in-milk-glyphosate-toxic-to-dairy-cows.php#glyphosate
- In a study published in the journal Chemical Research in Toxicology, the researchers tested Roundup on human’s cells and they found that one of the “insert” ingredients used as surfactant in Roundup called “polyethoxylated tallowamine, or POEA” can significantly increase the toxic effect of “glyphosate”. There are also other toxic chemical compounds used in Roundup such as “5-Chloro-2-methyl 3(2H)-isothiazolone and 3-Iodo-2-propynyl butyl carbamate” and they are all linked to many health issues including infertility, allergies, genetic damage, cancer and thyroid problems. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/toxicity-of-glyphosate-roundup-Monsanto.php
- Another recent study published in the National Institutes of Health reveals that Roundup herbicide enhances the growth of aflatoxin-producing fungi which could lead to increase in deadly fungal toxin.
According to Greenmedinfo, here are the following facts about Monsanto’s Roundup:
- Since 1980s, Monsanto knew that glyphosate causes deformities and birth defects in laboratory animals.
- Since 1998, the German government knew that glyphosate causes malformation. In fact, giant Syngenta is now charged for covering up the deaths of livestock that were exclusively fed on Syngenta’s GM Bt 176. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/GMO-toxicity-bt-corn-Syngenta.php
- Since 1999, the EU Commission knew that glyphosate is linked to malformation and birth defects.
Instead of public being aware about the hidden dangers of Monsanto’s best selling herbicide Roundup, the biotech and regulatory agencies have promoted and regulated Roundup as ‘safe’.
As a result, Roundup is now commonly used in public parks, school yards and home gardens. In U.S. alone, homeowners and farmers use about 100 million pounds of Roundup herbicide every single year. At the same time, weeds are becoming more resistant to Roundup, so farmers are using more and more chemicals to deal with super-pests and super-weeds. From 1994 to 2005, the use of glyphosate has increased by 1,500 percent.
Have you noticed that even grass beneath your feet isn’t real grass anymore? In fact, the green color of the grass doesn’t look real anymore and the grass in your favorite park stays green for the entire year. Most of them are Monsanto’s grass and even homeowners use Roundup to control weed like ‘Quackgrass’ in their backyard.
The fake grass, the deaths of millions of bees, increase in allergies and other health problems and deformities and deaths of livestock are all now considered the ‘New Norm’
The unfortunate reality is that the biotech and their financial beneficiaries have created thousands of fake documents brainwashing the public that GMOs are safe. They have spent millions of dollars fighting GMO labeling movement and have attacked and demonized the independent scientists, farmers or activists who openly oppose GMOs.
The biotech and chemical companies know that chemicals like Roundup are highly toxic and GMOs are deadly carcinogens that damage every single organ in the body, yet they use insidious methods and cunning corporate tactics to promote and sell their products to public.
The bloods of Indian farmers are on Monsanto’s dirty hands, since every 30 minutes an Indian farmer commits suicide as a result of Monsanto’s GM crops. Just in the last decade, more than 250,000 Indian farmers have killed themselves by drinking Monsanto’s insecticide. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/indian-farmers-committing-suicide-monsanto-gm-crops/
GM seeds are now being forced onto the farmers and Monsanto has sued thousands of farmers and forced them to pay Monsanto’s biotechnology fees if the farmers crops are contaminated with Monsanto GMOs (even through cross contamination).