The sweet Misery and a poisoned world, so they can kill you softly (Hidden carcinogens in foods and artificial sweeteners like Acesulfame Potassium and Aspartame)
The artificial sweeteners like aspartame, acesulfame potassium, Saccharin and sucralose are added to many dietary drinks and processed foods. Acesulfame potassium is used in sodas, protein powder and chewing gums and like aspartame is a cancer causing carcinogen that can mess with your central nervous system and digestive tract.
Although the earlier independent studies have showed that artificial sweeteners can cause cancer in laboratory animals, the regulatory agencies like FDA have approved artificial sweeteners such as acesulfame potassium and aspartame. Here are the top 10 health risks of aspartame: http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/aspartame-sweeteners-health-risks.php
Aspartame also consists of three known carcinogens like methyl alcohol (wood alcohol), aspartic acid and phenylalanine. You will be surprised to know that methanol in toxic aspartame is broken down into two other toxic substances called formaldehyde and formic acid. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/aspartame-saccharine/
The sweet Misery and a poisoned world, so they kill you softly:
The studies show that acesulfame potassium also stimulates insulin secretion causing hypoglycemia or low blood sugar attacks. Acesulfame potassium has also been linked to respiratory problems and different types of cancer such as lung, breast and leukemia.
Another artificial sweetener known as sucralose has been linked to kidney and liver damage. Although, FDA completely relies on the studies that was performed by the manufacturer of sucralose about the safely of this product, the truth is that sucralose is as harmful as Monsanto's toxic aspartame.
The warning labels for artificial sweetener known as saccharin was lifted in 2001 by FDA, citing that saccharin is no longer liked to cancer in human beings. However, a study by the National Cancer Institute epidemiologic showed that the use of artificial sweeteners including saccharin can significantly increase the development of bladder cancer.
Artificial sweeteners aren't the only food additives that are linked to various diseases. Many other harmful food additives and preservatives are also regulated and called safe by FDA. Here are some of these toxic additives:
- Sodium nitrite: A preservative added to hot dogs, sandwich meats, bacon, ham and smoked fish linked to cancer.
- BHA/BHT: Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) are used as frying oils for cooling and re-heating in many fast-food restaurants. They are also used in gum, potato chips, cereals, and vegetable oils.
- MSG: Toxic MSG is used as food flavor in many food products such as infant formula, low fat milk, candy, chewing gum, drinks, over-the-counter medications (especially children's), as a binder and filler for nutritional supplements and fruit yogurts, in prescription drugs, IV fluids given in hospitals, and in the chicken pox vaccine.
- Propyl gallate: Propyl gallate is a cancer-causing additive found in meats, chicken soup base, and gum.
- Potassium bromated: Toxic potassium bromated is added to white flour and breads to give it more volume.