Recent study shows regular mammograms could have created 1.3 million cases of breast cancer in US and lists of superfoods that can prevent cancer
Sometimes when we go through a life threatening experience and our health is at stake, we feel so helpless and hopeless and cry out for answers, ideas, solutions or just anything to make the pain go away, so we feel better again and can go back to our normal lives.
Cancer is one of these life threatening conditions affecting hundreds of thousands of families in US and around the world. According to Cancer Society, just in 2013, there have been 232,340 new cases of invasive breast cancer while 39,620 women have died from it.
Although, thousands of people could have overcame cancer by drastic changes in their life style habits and diet, the corporate media and giant big Pharma have successfully marketed conventional medical system to millions of people as the only and best option for curing diseases such as cancer.
Surprisingly, what most people might not know is the fact that conventional medical system is one of the leading causes of deaths in the United States. In fact, statistics show that just in US, annually,12,000 people die due to unnecessary surgeries, 7,000 people die due to medical errors, 20,000 people die due to other errors, 80,000 people die from infections acquired at the hospitals and 106,000 people die from adverse side effect of medications.
The current medical system is deeply flawed and is designed to serve the deep pockets of big pharmaceutical and medical companies that sell drugs and medical treatments that do not cure your pain but manage your illness. According to Ken Murray, the Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at USC, “Almost all medical professionals have seen what we call ‘futile care’ being performed on people. The fact that the patient will get cut open, perforated with tubes, hooked up to machines, and assaulted with drugs”.
How medical industry have been converting healthy women into "patients", and if they are fortunate enough to make it through treatment, they would become "survivors”
Although, most medical professionals recommend regular screening tests including mammograms for early cancer prevention and diagnoses, new research and studies indicate that regular mammograms could actually increase the chances of cancer.
In fact, in a disturbing 2012 study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, with the title of “Effect of Three Decades of Screening Mammography on Breast-Cancer Incidence", the researchers discovered that regular mammograms could have created 1.3 million cases of breast cancer in US.
The researchers found that over the last 30 years, the tumors that were detected on the screening test of 1.3 million women (especially those who were younger than 40 years old), would have never resulted in medical symptoms.
According to the researchers, ‘After excluding the transient excess incidence associated with hormone-replacement therapy and adjusting for trends in the incidence of breast cancer among women younger than 40 years of age, we estimated that breast cancer was overdiagnosed (i.e. tumors were detected on screening that would never have led to clinical symptoms) in 1.3 million U.S. women in the past 30 years. We estimated that in 2008, breast cancer was overdiagnosed in more than 70,000 women; this accounted for 31% of all breast cancers diagnosed”.
The recent study also reveals that “the introduction of screening mammography in the United States has been associated with a doubling in the number of cases of early-stage breast cancer that are detected each year, from 112 to 234 cases per 100,000 women--an absolute increase of 122 cases per 100,000 women”.
As the founder of Greenmedinfo.com, Sayer Ji says “the only calculable dimension of this world-historical failure is the billions of dollars that were made in the process of converting healthy, asymptomatic women into "patients", and if they were fortunate enough to make it through treatment, they would become "survivors".
Cancer industry is much more likely to kill women than their breasts:
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the pink ribbons (an international symbol of breast cancer awareness) are displayed to celebrate the cruelty of the medical industry and breast cancer preventable methods like double mastectomies that encourage women to empower themselves by cutting their breasts.
Earlier this year, you probably remember the story of the famous celebrity "Angelina Jolie’s double mastectomy” and the ridiculous headlines such as “Jolie is now inspiring women to maim themselves". Fear of cancer rises from double standards and hypocrisy of the corporate media and cancer
Women’s breasts are now considered as their enemies, but the truth is that the cancer industry is much more likely to kill women than their breasts. Cancer cells exist in 95% of people, but it’s kept under control by the immune system. When the immune system gets weak or damaged (due to poor diet, smoking, environmental hazards, stress or lack of exercise), the cancer cells are more likely to overtake the body.
What the cancer industry won’t tell you is the fact that more than genetics (BRCA genes), the American diet and lack of exercise and relaxation are the major causes of death and chronic diseases like cancer. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/Angelina-Jolie-supreme-court-BRCA-gene-patents-Myriad-Genetics.php
Bottom line, Diet is known to be your biggest alley at avoiding cancer gremlins since it can strengthen or weaken your immune system. "All the studies on cancer and nutrition point to eating plant-based foods for their phytonutrients and other special compounds," says Richard Béliveau, PhD, chair in the prevention and treatment of cancer at the University of Québec at Montreal and author of Foods to Fight Cancer.
So throw away your pink ribbons and instead add these great superfoods to your diet on a regular basis. The answer is right here, in your fridge:
- Organic raw green vegetables: Broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprout, cauliflower, celery, kale, spirulina and chlorella
- Organic Berries: blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, raspberries, strawberries, acai berries and goji berries
- Organic fruits: tomatoes, grapes (especially the ones with seeds), sweet potatoes, watermelon, pineapple, mango, maca, noni and papaya
- Seaweed like kelp and raw organic cacao beans
- Organic olive oil (should not be heated) and organic grapeseed oil (for cooking): http://seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/question-comments/
- Herbs and spices: Turmeric, garlic, onion, Astragalus root, ginseng, saffron and Echinacea root (should be taken based on doctor’s prescription
>> Include at least 50% to 75% raw organic fruits and vegetables in your diet: http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/boost-immune-system.php
Foods to avoid:
- All Processed foods, GMOs, fried foods, pesticide ridden foods and canned foods. Avoid artificial sweeteners, sodas, energy drinks, additives and preservative. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/Pepsi-Coca-Cola-harmful-ingredients.php
- Animal fat and dairy products: Breast cancer is also known as the “rich woman’s disease” since mostly women who can afford to eat a diet high in red meat and dairy get breast cancer. In fact, one glass of milk can flood the blood system with excess estrogen increasing the risk of breast cancer (Source: www.knowbreastcancer.net).
- Meat and farmed seafood: Meat, poultry and farmed seafood can have harmful antibiotics, chemicals, Bovine growth hormones (linked to breast cancer in women, prostate cancer in men and early puberty) and drugs. It’s still safe to have wild sockeye salmon from rivers of Canada (wild salmon is a good source of lean protein, vitamin B12 and omega 3 fatty acids). Click here to find out what’s in your meat? Drugs, cleaning chemicals, hormones, antibiotics, heavy metals, toxins and bacteria.
- Processed meats and preservatives: Like hot dogs, sausages or bacon that have cancer-causing Preservatives like Sodium Nitrate or Nitrite. Click here to find out the top 17 toxic foods, preservatives and additives that are causing cancer.
- Processed or genetically modified soy products like soy milk that can increase the level of estrogen in women. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/soy-health.php
- Avoid white bleached sugar (consuming organic cane sugar in moderation is ok), white rice (Studies show consuming more than 1/2 of cup of rice (even brown rice) a day can result in significant exposure to high level of arsenic) http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/arsenic-found-in-rice-chickens-cereals-FDA.php#FDA) and high fructose corn syrup: http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/high-fructose-corn-syrup/