Top 10 recommendations to eliminate your exposure to heavy metals like aluminum and lead
Thousands of consumer products are contaminated with heavy metals including aluminum. Many studies have shown that exposure to aluminum could cause a wide range of diseases including organ toxicity (liver, kidneys and brain), neurological problems (Alzheimer’s, dementia and brain damage), asthma and cancer (in particular breast cancer), Disturbingly, studies have shown that exposure to aluminum, even at 100,000 times lower levels of what’s found in consumer products like antiperspirant, could cause cancer.
Aluminum like other toxic heavy metals is one of the worst neurotoxins that can result in various brain diseases and behavioural, neuropathological and neurochemical changes. If you cannot totally get rid of aluminum in your diet, you should at least try to eliminate your exposure to this known cancer-causing carcinogen.
1. Avoid wearing antiperspirants and deodorants. Also stop using non-organic facial creams, cosmetics and sunscreens. In fact, many studies have directly linked wearing antiperspirants or deodorants to breast cancer.
2. Avoid using aluminum foils for cooking or even covering your food. Some people wrap their food inside aluminum foil or use aluminum foil as a cover on top of their food. The fact is that with increased heat, aluminum is leached and absorbed into your food. Our bodies cannot digest the aluminum and if people do not cleanse or exercise on a regular basis, heavy metals including aluminum could accumulate in different organs of body including liver, kidneys, bones and our brain.
I remember one time that I was moving to a new place, I used aluminum foil for wrapping my dishes and crystals (before packaging). However, a few days later, when I opened up the box, I found out that aluminum foil had left traces of aluminum (that I could not wash away) all over my dishes and favorite crystals.
3. Avoid using aluminum or non-stick cookware (like Teflon): Just like aluminum foil, aluminum pots and pans can leak, so cook your food in stainless steel, copper, glass or iron cookware.
4. Avoid eating canned foods. Just as Aluminum pots and pans leak, so do aluminum cans. In fact, what most people are unaware of is that most often foods are put into aluminum cans, then seals, and then cooked, supposedly retain the freshness. Well, it will certainly retain the aluminum free radicals hanging around after heating and contaminating the contents.
Over a period of time Aluminum accumulation in body can cause memory problem like Alzheimer’s. More than 5,000 million pounds of aluminum is used every year for making food cans. Aluminum cans have several advantages for the producer including light weight, compact packaging and lower price. Most canned foods like soups, vegetables, chicken or beef broth and tomato sauces are made of aluminum because it’s more economical.
Some believe that the plastic lining of the aluminum cans are supposed to prevent corrosion and contaminating food with aluminum. But the reality is that most of the time these plastic liners can’t completely protect food against aluminum since cans leak aluminum when heated and while they are sealed - they will contaminate food. Find out why you should avoid eating canned foods: http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/avoid-canned-food/
5. Use natural cosmetics and organic shampoos or skincare products that don’t have harsh chemicals and heavy metals. In fact, the same stuff that goes inside your car engine is used inside cosmetics and skin care products because of its viscosity! Mineral oil which is a derivative of petroleum can block pores in the skin and increase the risk of allergies, skin rashes and even tumors: http://seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/dangers-of-petrolatum-isopropyl-myristate-sorbitan-monooleate-PEG-methylparaben-in-skin-care-products-silvadene.php
Also, heavy metals like aluminum are widely used in skincare products and cosmetics and the best way to eliminate your exposure to this deadly neurotoxin is to use natural oils from food sources or wear mineral makeup. Find out how most cosmetics have high levels of heavy metals and toxins in them. In fact, even average use of lipsticks can result in excessive exposure to chromium linked to stomach tumors: http://seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/heavy-metals-lead-lipsticks-cosmetics.php
Another toxic heavy metal in cosmetics is lead. In fact, many popular lipsticks and eye makeups have heavy metals like lead in them. Based on the FDA report here is the full list of 400 lipsticks that have lead: (source: http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/lead-poisoning/)
6. Drugs: More and more pharmaceutical drugs are nutritionally ruined and contaminated with heavy metals and toxins. Aluminum exists in many famous over-the-counter and pharmaceutical drugs like pain-killers and anti-diarrhea. In fact, aspirin has aluminum and a single pill of antacids can contain 200 milligrams or more of aluminum hydroxide.
7. Vaccines: It’s no longer a mystery that heavy metals like mercury and aluminum exist in vaccines. In fact, more toxic additives like aluminum are replaced instead of mercury in mercury-free vaccines. The eBook written by Neil Miller, (director of the Thinktwice Global Vaccine Institute) with the title of Aluminum in Vaccines -- a Neurological Gamble shows that our kids are receiving high concentration of aluminum in their flu shots and vaccines.
Good for the vaccine industry, aluminum doesn’t appear as hazardous by the public (although it’s even more hazardous), so the vaccine industry keeps making billions of dollars and refuses to replace toxic additives like mercury and aluminum with natural antiseptics like colloidal silver (simply because it’s not as profitable).
“Aluminum is not perceived, I believe, by the public as a dangerous metal. Therefore, we are in a much more comfortable wicket in terms of defending its presence in vaccines,” said Dr. John Clements, WHO vaccine advisor.
8. Filter your water and eat organic food and avoid GE foods, processed foods and foods sprayed with pesticides. Aluminum is commonly found in processed foods, drinking water, and foods made with aluminized baking powder, self-rising flour, and salt (this could be a wide range of food products including microwave popcorn, salty snacks, coffee creamers, pizza crust. pastries (including doughnuts, muffins, cookies or cakes), pancakes, pickles, bleached flour, baking or vanilla powders, bread (including corn, carrot or banana bread), fried foods, canned foods, dipping sauce, and foods wrapped with aluminum foil or foods made in non-stick cookware).
Avoid infant formulas since they could have high levels of like aluminum, rocket fuel, dioxin, genetically modified organisms, BPA, melamine (causing kidney failure), AGE (advanced glycoprotein end products) and high fructose corn syrup. In fact, babies milk formulas could have four hundred times more aluminum than breast milk.
Also, Studies have shown that even drinking water could contain aluminum ions and ALS linked to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. So use a good filer that can remove most of heavy metals and toxins like fluoride, chlorine, and aluminum.
9. It’s very common to be exposed to aluminum in occupations like factory work, mining and wielding: It’s very common to inhale toxic metals like aluminum, especially if your occupation is wielding or mining. Aluminum could directly go through your lungs (via vapor) and then it’s absorbed by your blood and it’s accumulated in bones or other organs like kidneys, liver or brain.
10. Cleanse your system and exercise. You might find it hard to completely eliminate aluminum from your diet, since the air, water and even our soil is contaminated with heavy metals like aluminum. That’s why it’s important to have a regular cleansing diet and exercise on a regular basis since perspiration and sweating are one of the best ways to get rid of most heavy metals and toxins. Find more about the top recommendations for detoxifying your body from heavy metals and toxins: http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/heavy-metal-toxicity.php