You cannot wash off systemic pesticides because they are penetrating deep into the plants
The use of pesticides has been increasing drastically in the last 10 years. However, unlike the traditional insecticides, the systemic pesticides don’t just remain on the plants exterior; they also get absorbed inside the plant’s tissues. So you cannot wash off systemic pesticides since they exist inside the plant’s tissue and not on the exterior.
Also, the four main systemic pesticides including Imidacloprid, Thiamethoxam, Clothianidin and Dinotefuran have nitroguanidine and neonicotinoid group of chemicals that have been linked to colony collapsed disorder of bees.
If you consume conventional fruits and vegetables may be you should reconsider it since according to U.S. Department of Agriculture most fruits and vegetables including lettuce, apples, strawberries, potatoes and sweet peppers have high levels of systemic pesticides in them.
However, the studies by California’s Department of Pesticide Regulation show that there are toxic levels of Imidacloprid in the nectar and pollen of plants and these chemicals have been even showing in water droplets of the plants.
Disturbingly, based on a report by the Journal of Economic Entomology, honeybees that consume water from the plant’s water droplets die within few minutes.
Studies also show that nitroguanidine pesticides can remain in the soil for up to 500 days after their use. Also, when other plants are grown in the treated soil with pesticides, they could produce toxic nectar, pollen and water droplet that’s toxic to soil useful microorganisms, bees, worms, beetles and bugs including lady bugs.
So next time, you were going to bite a conventional apple think of all the hidden poisons including neonicotinoids in the apple that’s considered safe by both EPA and FDA.
Pesticides that have been banned are still showing in the blood or urine of people
For example, DDT has been banned since 1972, yet according to a report by Pesticide Action Network North America, 99% of Americans have tested positive for DDT. Women and girls are also 5 times more susceptible to DDT and they are at a higher risk of developing breast cancer.
Also, chlorpyrifos is another pesticide that’s banned from home use because its toxicity and chlorpyrifos has been linked to cause ADHA in children. However, according to CDC, 93% of Americans have chlorpyrifos in the urine.
Yet, both EPA and FDA treat toxic pesticides in our food as “innocent until proven guilty” although many kids, elderly and those with lower immune system are exposed to toxic levels of pesticides in their food, personal and home care products, air and even water. In fact, four famous infant formulas have toxic level of GMO soy (that’s treated with Roundup) in them.
According to many scientific studies, children who are exposed to neurotoxins and endocrine disruptors when they are still in their mother’s womb, have higher risk of developing cancer, neurological problems and mental disorders including autism, ADD and ADHD.
So what can you do?
In order to protect yourself and your family, stop buying conventional and non-organic foods and support your local grocery store or organic food producers and farms close to where you live.
Vote for your dollars and find out why organic foods are cheaper than GMO and conventional foods: http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/10-reasons-organic-foods-cheaper-conventional-gmo-based-foods/
Sign this petition here and demand ban of systemic pesticides: http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/ban-systemic-pesticide