How to boost your immune system, Herbs and Diet Recommendation
The medical industry fights off diseases directly by using surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and prescription drugs. However, the true health cannot be obtained unless one can maintain a healthy and strong immune system that can fight off disease-causing microorganisms and free radicals.
Many researchers believe that aging is more to do with weakened immune system than passage of time. Weakened immune system can result in deterioration of different organs in the body and increase in chances of chronic diseases. Fatigue, inflammation, frequent infections, allergies and slow wound healing can be some signs of impaired immune system.
The immune system isn’t fully functional at birth but as the body matures up the immune system becomes more sophisticated and learns how to defend itself against foreign invaders including free radicals and toxins.
How to boost your immune system:
- Bayberry, fenugreek, hawthorn, licorice and red clover can improve the immune system.
- Astragalus can enhance the immune system and protect the body by generating anticancer cells.
Do not take Astragalus if you have fever
- Dandelion, black radish and milk thistle improve liver function and help to cleanse liver and bloodstream.
- Ginseng, boxthorn seed, suma and wisteria have anticancer properties and can improve the immune system.
- Goldenseal has antibacterial properties, can improve the immune system and cleanse body.
- Ginkgo biloba is a powerful antioxidant, great for increasing circulation and brain cells.
- Echinacea can improve lymphatic system and boost immune system.
- A diet high in fiber and organic fruits and vegetables help you to have stronger immune system. At the same time a diet based on junk foods and foods high in saturated fat, processed sugar and salt, processed foods, pesticide ridden food, microwave foods, canned foods, genetically modified foods and sodas can weaken immune system - specially sodas. Find how GM foods treated with Monsanto's Roundup can cause autoimmune disorder
- Superfoods including fruits and vegetables have thousands of micronutrients that cannot be found in any supplements or drugs. However the typical American diet that is high in fat, sugar and salt do not have any micronutrients including phytochemicals, bioflavonoid or antioxidants. Besides adding organic raw fruits and vegetables the following vitamins and minerals can also enhance your immune system:
- Taking Vitamin A in recommended dosage can improve the body’s defense system.
- Vitamin C is also very important for boosting immune system. Vitamin C is essential for production of lymphocytes and adrenal hormones. Vitamin C can also effectively fight against bacteria and viruses. Vitamin C is most effective when it’s taken with bioflavonoids that are natural plant substances that can increase abortion of vitamin C.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that interacts with vitamin A and C and selenium and can significantly increase the immune system. 10 Facts you need to know about keeping your body healthy and strong
- Consuming a diet high in raw organic garlic, onion, kelp and chlorella is ideal. These foods help to improve the immune system. Especially kelp has vitamin C, calcium, iron, carotene, protein and riboflavin that are essential for enhancing the immune system.
- Make yourself a nice green smoothie with organic fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid sodas or caffeinated drinks except organic green tea or herbal tea. Organic green tea or herbal teas are high in antioxidants and can effectively fight off free radicals and toxins. Find more about the green smoothies
- Avoid animal products and red meat. Eliminate or reduce your meat consumption and avoid consumption of livestock that have been fed with GMO corn and soy or have been injected with hormones and antibiotics. Wild salmon is great replacement and has many benefits such as omega-3 nutrient. Find more about Armor Plated Germs and injected livestock with hormones and antibiotics
- Follow a fasting and cleansing program once a month to help your body to get rid of toxins and free radicals. During fasting using spirulina could enhance the body’s immune system and help with cleansing and healing. Top 5 recommendations for getting rid of heavy metals like fluoride, lead or mercury (in your body)
- Get regular exercise like fast walk or yoga. Exercising helps to reduce stress, get rid of toxins and heavy metals and improve circulation. Also get enough sleep (at least 8 hours at nights) and do not eat after 7 pm. Also avoid overeating.
- Your mental status can improve or weaken your immune system. A positive mind can help to improve your immune system.
- Mercury dental fillings can also weaken the immune system. Toxic metals like lead and fluoride can also reduce immune system. Unfortunately women’s makeup is filled with heavy metals like lead. Fluoride is also added to tap water. Drink spring water or distilled water only. Genetically modified chickens are also fed with arsenic, so eliminate your meat consumption or have free range chickens. Health risks of Fluoride in tooth pastes and tap water
- Excessive use of antibiotics and drugs can also weaken and significantly suppress the immune system. Over time the excess uses of antibiotics have led to generation of superbugs like CRE that are resistant to all antibiotics and can mutate overtime and make common infections even untreatable.
- Avoid all frying as much as possible. If you have to fry, ideally only light frying, use avocado oil or grapeseed oil that is organic and cold pressed without chemical contaminents like hexane. What is the healthiest oil for cooking?
- Drugs like Marijuana can also weaken the immune system. The active compound in Marijuana called Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) make 40% to 50% of white blood cells less effective. White blood cells are important and vital to health. A person with a strong immune system has a range of white blood cells between 4,000 to 12,000 cells per microliter.
How the immune system works
The white blood cells called “T lymphocytes” have the ability to identify and destroy cancer cells, viruses and other bacteria and fungi. The T cells are generated in the thymus which is a small gland behind the breast bone. Thymus is where T cells learn what substances are tolerated and what are foreign invaders that should not be tolerated and must be destroyed.
Also humoral immunity is responsible for production of antibodies. These are not cells but special proteins that directly attack the foreign invader or inform white blood cells to attack. Also another group of white blood cells known as B lymphocytes are responsible for producing antibodies. There are different categories of white blood cells that have different responsibilities and perform a specific function to defend body against free radicals and toxins.
Another important part of immunity is lymphatic system that includes organs like thymus, spleen, tonsils and lymph nodes. The lymphatic system provides continuous cleansing for the body to get rid of wastes, toxins, free radicals and other debris.