In this section of Seattle Organic Restaurants I’m going to talk about Parkinson’s disease. Parkinson’s disease affects the function of the nervous system. Parkinson’s disease happen due to lack of dopamine (a neurotransmitter carrying messages from one nerve to the other) in brain. In a person with Parkinson’s disease the cellular parts of the brain that creates noradrenalin, serotonin and dopamine are dying or damaged so the brain can’t produce these chemicals for proper function. A recent study shows that Parkinson’s disease is very common in US and in fact one in every 200 people over the age of 60 in the US is affected by it.
The Parkinson’s disease may start with a mild to moderate tremor of hands, muscle stiffness and slowness in movements and the later on the symptoms could expand to loss of appetite, muscular rigidity, impaired speech, inability to walk or move, depression and dementia. The exact reason on what causes loss of brain cells and inability to produce dopamine remain unknown however there are number of reasons that might cause loss of the brain cells. One of the possible reasons that can cause Parkinson’s disease is the toxins left in the body when liver is unable to filter them out and detoxify itself. The other one is the environmental pollutions and toxins such as pesticides, chemicals, herbicides and other contaminants in our food and water supply. However prevention is always easier than cure. Here are the following herbs that can detoxify the body:
- Licorice, red clover sarsaparilla and hawthorn cleanse the blood. Yellow dock also cleanses the blood and detoxifies the liver - Catnip, lemon balm, passionflower, skullcap, valerian roots and black cohosh can help to calm the nervous system and nourish them - Ginkgo biloba improves the brain and memory function
There are no cures for Parkinson’s disease however changing your diet, drug therapy, physical therapy and surgery are among the treatments that are often recommended.
- Green smoothies are really beneficial and can reduce the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. It’s important to have a diet that includes 75% raw organic foods, grains, seeds, nuts and raw milk. Including foods that have amino acids and phenylalanine such as wild salmon, Brazilian nuts, lentils, chickpeas sesame seeds, pumpkin, pecans, almonds and lima beans are beneficial. Reduce your animal protein intake and replace it with beans, organic rBGH free yogurt, organic poultry and tofu. However the best diet for people with lower immune system and chronic disease is a diet that includes mostly superfoods and raw fruits and vegetables.
If you are on drug called “levodopa” do not consume foods and supplements that have vitamin B6. Foods that contain vitamin B6 can interfere with drug’s potency. Foods that have vitamin B6 are bananas, oatmeal, peanuts, potatoes, beef, fish and whole grain.
- The amino acids in food protein can prevent levodopa from reaching the brain so do not eat protein foods at the same time with levodopa. Consult with your physician about what diet and what works the best for you.
- Levodopa drug might not be effective on its own and might even cause side effects such as hallucination and paranoia. Some other drugs that might be prescribed in people with Parkinson’s disease are bromocriptine, pramipexole, tolcapone, entacapone and carbidopa
- People with Parkinson’s disease have been found to have high levels of lead and aluminum in the brain. Avoid canned foods or cooking in Teflon cookware that can contaminate food with aluminum. Also if your work or hobby requires you to be exposed to aluminum or lead always wear the personal protection equipment such as face mask, gloves and protective clothing.
- It might be beneficial to take iron and antioxidants supplements. In a case study a group of people with Parkinson’s disease who were given 3,200 international units of vitamin E and 3,000 mg of vitamin C, had significantly lower progression of the disease.
- The free radicals often damage the dopamine-producing brain cells and antioxidants fight the accumulation of free radicals. Studies also suggest that when the person is healthy taking high dosages of antioxidants will stop developing Parkinson’s disease.
- Physical therapy that includes a wide range of passive and active movements could also help normal muscle tone and function in people with Parkinson’s disease.
- Surgical procedures might also be recommended for people with Parkinson’s disease. The surgeon uses the electrical current to destroy the area of the brain that is causing movement problems. Although with the advanced technology this method is becoming much safer, it still has its own risks.
- In some cases, the brain transplantation of animals into people with Parkinson’s disease that couldn’t produce enough dopamine has successfully reduced the symptoms of Parkinson’s.
National community initiative to create the first ever nutritional system to synergize with the practice and living of yoga. Certified organic coconut water. Collaborative platform for people inspired by yoga!
Did you know parasites out rank cancer as deadliest killer Worldwide? Autointoxication is potentially a deadly condition that occurs when colon health is ignored. Learn More Organica Colon Cleansing and Anti-Parasite Digestive Support
People are now asking for Over-the-Counter Organic Medicine that is both USDA Certified Organic and an FDA Registered homeopathic drug. Learn more about: the booming Organic Medicine market.
USDA-certified organic and raw hand-peeled cacao beans from Ecuadorian Arriba are great source of antioxidants, minerals, and fiber. Learn more about Superfoods Raw Peeled Cacao Beans.
Raw Organic foods that include Live-enzyme Superfoods from the purest unprocessed foods that have all their precious nutrients intact. More on raw foods.
Can managing Facebook get easiers? I guess it can. Facebook Management Tools.
Everybody needs someone to help them with small odd jobs, from computer fixing to help with a wide range of things. Hire someone to help you with small tasks on a easy-to-manage contract basis.
Lose weight, reduce stress and transform your life through plant-based nutrition... FREE! Join Thrive!
Organic and fair clothing, sustainability, environmental and social responsibility. Check out the latest fashion!.
Eco-conscious furnishings and accessories. What are sustainable flatware?
Organic premium and natural products for pets, manufactured in-house. You never heard of holistic, natural dog and cat food! Now you have.
Herbs, Foods, Bath, & Complete Aromatherapy Oils. Ahhhh, now that's relaaaaaxation.
House of Nutrition brings people a wide range of products and supplies for their nutritional well-being. See products list.
Eco-friendly and bio-degradable Mattresses? Here's what you could get!
Mighty Leaf crafts the most flavorful and delicious artisan blended teas. award-winning tea pouches ... Tea Lovers, Savor
Touch of Europe brought to US and Canada! Browsed and bewildered!
Herbal Teas, Herbal Tincutres, and Organic Wellness Oils. Nature's Inventory
Organic Bouquet - Eco-Friendly Flowers & Gourmet Gifts! See what's popular today!
Flower Delivery for someone special? Send love of flowers!
Find your way through life with a little help. Where is your life's compass?