Top 10 Anti-inflammatory Foods that Protect against Cancer
In this section of Seattle Organic Restaurants I'm going to talk about top 10 anti-inflammatory foods that prevent cancer. Among many other chronic diseases millions of people suffer from inflammation and digestive disorders. The main roots of digestive disorders are poor eating habits, consuming toxic foods, processed foods and foods that have artificial coloring and additives. Here are top 10 foods that help to improve inflammation and food digestion.
1. Anti-inflammatory Fruits (Pineapple, Mango and Papaya)We sometimes eat junk food for a snack; so why not eating fruits instead of processed foods? Pineapple, mango and papaya are the three main anti-inflammatory fruits that have proteolytic enzymes that have anti-ulcerative and anti-microbial properties. These fruits help with digestion and breaking down other foods.
Avocado is a rich superfood high in omega 3 fatty acids (which is good for you) and fiber. Avocados promote food digestion and healthy pancreas, liver and gall bladder. Avocados are one of the best anti-inflammatory fruits that are digestible by almost everyone.
3. Herbals (Cinnamon, Basil, Cayenne and Turmeric)Cinnamon, basil, cayenne and turmeric are among anti-inflammatory herbs. Cinnamon improves triglyceride and cholesterol level and helps with better digestion of food. Basil also boosts immune system and is anti-inflammatory. Cayenne is a remarkable anti-inflammatory herb that helps to prevent digestive disorders, cleans body, promote weight loss and fight allergies. Turmeric is a Middle Eastern spice that is commonly used in Persian, Asian and Indian dishes. Turmeric anti-inflammatory effects are even better than dugs like as Motrin and hydrocortisone without having their side effects.
4. Seaweeds (Kelp and Kombu)The complex carbohydrate in kelp and kombu is anti-inflammatory. Kelp and kambu are antioxidant, prevent tumors and high source of fiber and vitamin K that promote weight loss.
5. Wild-Caught Salmon / Fish Oil
Here in Northwest wild sockeye salmon is an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids that is anti-inflammatory. Wild sockeye salmon can also prevent heart disease and cancer. Fish oil is also a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids that promotes brain function, intellegance and eyesight.
6. Green teaThe flavonoids in green tea are anti-inflammatory that can prevent the chances of cancer and heart disease.
8. Berries including BlueberriesBlueberries are incredible source of antioxidants that are anti-inflammatory. Blueberries improve immune system and prevent dementia and cancer. Raspberries, cranberries, blackberries and strawberries also are high source of antioxidants.
9. Green Superfoods (Broccoli and Kale)Broccoli is a highly nutritious superfood that is anti-inflammatory can prevent breast cancer in women. The phytochemicals in broccoli called “sulforaphane” activates enzymes and throws carcinogen out of cells before cancer can do any harm. Kale is also anti-inflammatory that can clean body and prevent heart disease. Kale is also full of iron, calcium and fiber. Cauliflower also helps with detoxification of body.
10. Consume more Fermented FoodsIn the last few years fermented foods have been disappearing from our diets. Fermented foods are probiotics and have beneficial bacteria that help with food digestion. For example modern pickles are no longer made by lacto-fermentation using salt and are made by vinegar. Most dairy products like cheese and yogurt and alcoholic beverages like wine and beer are being pasteurized by killing most of the good bacteria in them. Since most juices and beverages are pasteurized there are less live enzymes and beneficial bacteria in them to help digest our foods. Some of fermented foods include yogurt, organic raw apple cider vinegar, kimchi, kefir, kombucha and other fermented veggies.