5 ways to increase fertility
In this section of Seattle Organic Restaurants I want to talk about 5 ways to increase fertility. Infertility is growing at a faster rate in the last 10 years that ever before. In United States, one in 10 men and one in 8 women are now experiencing infertility.
While research has not been completely conclusive and still more research data is being gathered and analyzed, the studies do suggest that certain factors contribute to infertility, in particular poor nutrition, lack of exercise, stress, environmental factors, and lack of general vitality either as a result of lifestyle choices or relationship and/or career reasons, for instance, women waiting longer to start a family. The good news is that you can naturally help fertility as well as vitality by making a few changes which not only help fertility but also help with your health and well-being.
1) Eat a nutritional diet without refined sugarA diet of nutrition-rich whole foods is essential in cultivating fertility. Refined sugar and high fat/cholesterol can negatively affect fertility. So the first thing you can do is change your diet to 60% vegetables and 30% fruits and nuts and 10% wild caught fish and organic poultry/meat. Refined sugar causes inflammation and any food that causes inflammation is causing some degree of infertility and if your ovaries and reproduction system are particularly sensitive, then you would want to avoid refined sugar. In fact, some studies have suggested that excessive sugar, which is one of the main causes of certain diabetes, also affect fertility and so does diabetes medication. Cutting down on sugar is always a good idea. It helps with reducing weight, increase energy, balancing metabolism (with a little bit of exercise) and helping the general health of a person.
2) Stick to whole milk instead of skimmed-milk, low-fat, or non-fat milk
A number of studies have suggested that skimmed milk and non-fat milk reduce fertility as a result of reduced fat in the milk. The study describes a possible reason being that female hormones bind with fat and removing fat from milk through skimming, for instance, removes female hormones and leaves higher quantities of male and neutral hormones. When skimmed-milk or low- or non-fat milk is consumed by women, the imbalance of high numbers of male hormones interfere with a woman’s natural reproductive process and may interfere with the ovulation process.
3) Healthy digestive system helps fertility
It is essential to keep your body healthy by making sure that your digestive system, GI track, or gastrointestinal system is working at optimum level. In addition it is essential to feed your body with major vitamins and minerals so all your body’s organs could receive important nutrients. Make sure that your stomach has a good bacteria, or acidophilus to help you digest food. Consult your general practitioner regarding your digestive system and also add more fiber to your diet.
4) Yoga can make you very relaxedWe all have stress in our daily lives. Women with good exercise routine and yoga have shown to be more fertile than those without a regular exercise routine. Exercise relaxes you. Once you are relaxed, your body starts to burn excessive fat and you would maintain a balanced level of body fat that helps with pregnancy and ovulation. Yoga in particular is good because it offers a very balanced physical movement that addresses most of your body’s muscles and re-invigorates and replenishes (during the immediate 6 hours after exercise) your organs and muscles while moderating stress levels. You can also try holistic practitioners who suggest relaxation techniques, meditation, or acupuncture.
5) Additional help for fertility
Some dietary supplements are often recommended by medical practitioners and you should consult with your doctor regarding these supplements and if they are right for you and would help fertility.
a) B-vitamin complex myo-inositol to improve ovulation and fertility
c) Coenzyme Q10 that can improve egg quality and fertilization in older women.
Chaste Tree Berry (Vitex angus-castus) Extract: Chaste Tree Berry Extract improves immune system and support fertility in women.
Eden's Response: Eden's Response is a great herbal extract for calming nerves, relaxation and increasing sexual desire in women.
Fruitful Vine: Fruitful Vine is a great herbal extract rich in vitamin C for reducing infertility in women, reducing stress and anxiety and balancing hormone levels.
Women's Fertility Package: Women's Fertility Package is a great herbal extract product for supporting infertility in women. You can save 10% when you order a 3 month supply PLUS receive Free Shipping on your order!
T&C Formula: T&C Formula is a great herb for supporting female reproductively and healthy ovulation and menstruation. Taking T&C Formula with HB Formula has remarkable balancing effect and is great for cleansing.
H B Formula: H B Formula is a great herb for teenage girls, new mothers and women all ages. H B Formula supports hormonal balance in women, help with regular cycles and moodiness.Consult your doctor to see if and supplements are best for you.